Under duress

Friday, January 12, 2007

Tedious

That's what my day's been. Struggled to get out of bed – severe lack of sleep already catching up with me – and I know I've got a week of it to come. When the kids had gone off to school/college, I revived myself under the shower, and then with unprecedented discipline, proceeded to start studying. Somehow ploughed through the day on a grapefruit, two pieces of toast, and a cup of tea. Lucy, did very kindly bring me a second cup at half three, when she'd come home from school, but other than that, no interruptions or, or distractions of any kind. Amazing.

Not that it made a great deal of difference. Considering I only had to write 1000 words of critical analysis for three pieces of work as part of PWR1, can't for the life of me understand why it took seven hours?! So depressing. And I still have to do a final proof on the pieces of work themselves.

Fortunately, Nick from DPN rang to cancel the appt. we'd made to look at my website – too busy. But we did talk about a few ideas over the phone, and rescheduled for Mon. 2.30pm, so hopefully will be able to get it done then. And hopefully, in quick enough time so that I can make the ACORN bar staff meeting at 4pm.

Logged off in a mad panic earlier, to get Lucy's dinner sorted etc. for gym, and then to the fruit and veg shop to get some things to make Moussaka . Tedious, fiddly dish to make; all these separate layers, and excessive number of pans to wash up after. Does remind me of Greece though, and dim distant travels there, many years ago. Mediterranean sunshine and flavour.

Was in a well grumpy mood by the time Graham turned up for dinner, thanks to Rosie being a cow – refusing to pick up my dress from her floor, as she'd decided not to wear it in the end. My dress, that I've had for 23 years , but is vintage 50's, so at least 50 years old now. Hate being defied. Don't care if I'm bossy – I'm the mum, and I will be obeyed. Withheld her £10 as a result. Punishing by money seems to be only way unfortunately; would rather barter in a different currency. Also shouted 'and don't bother coming home' as she sassed out the door, which is a strategy I wouldn't recommend. Clear example of my bad, bad mothering. Slap my wrists.

So much for maybe having some free time this weekend. Tonight's out, Graham's here – currently in the bath – and after, I promised I'd help with his lines for the Panto. Dorothy, here I come. Will need to venture out for a drink later, as I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy, stuck indoors all day again. Fancy popping into the studio bar, as not been there before, maybe a walk round the harbour first. More wine. Some song, and a night of unbridled passion ahead. Not sounding quite so tedious now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home