Under duress

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Work, work, work

And no play. Guess that's what I have to look forward to for the next two weeks. Have been at it, more or less, all day, but can't say that I've achieved very much. Re-vamped an ancient CV, so that I have something to upload onto my website. Found it hard to find nice things to say about myself that were relevant to writing. And completely forgot to add involvement with bloc-online, regarding achievements. Don't think I'd be employing me on the strength of that.

Took the kids to Hayle, and Rosie to Hawkes Point. Sat in the steamed up car, with me thermos and red pen, hand-editing pieces submitted by Holly, and Jen, for the About Writing section. Expect Frea, or somebody else has already done them, but good practice. Think I did an ok job on them, actually. Also hi-lighted the parts I liked best of Judy's notes on the Kurt Jackson interview. We'll have to get together to write that up pretty soon-ish. Tricky with all the other deadlines we have to meet. Keep thinking about the questions I'm supposed to be emailing to Mark Thomas as well. Not to mention writing something about Daisy and her chickens.

Came home and typed the editing changes I'd made, onto the submissions. Spent ages trying to find the tracking tool/function on this pc, but couldn't find it anywhere. Bummer, as nobody will be able to see the changes, of which there were many. Subtle ones, on the whole.

Stopped to sort dinner out, homemade leek and potato soup, because that's what I felt like, but also because there wasn't a lot else in the fridge, and the leeks needed using up. One of the rare family meal occasions where we were all sat round the table, arguing mainly. Insisted that the topics of conversation didn't include exercise, sport, fitness, foods, the importance of protein in your diet – ditto meat, fatness etc... as we are all bored by this (mainly Eddie-led) and yet, there we were, arguing about the very same.

Left them to play a game of Risk without me, whilst I returned to the typing, and emailing of assignments to myself, (really need a new printer). Also thanked Bill for his comments on my 12page story – made some changes accordingly. Will be a shame not to have him as a teacher any more when we narrow our options. Still no word from Graham – must still be mad at me. Damn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home