Under duress

Sunday, December 31, 2006

* * Happy New Year * *

I am so proud of myself! Chained to the computer these past couple of days, and got the assignments done that I needed to. The 12 page one's pants, but I'm quite chuffed with the genre piece for Bill that knocked out today: The Case of the Suspicious Wardrobe – Narnia, in a cheap paperback American detective style. Actually fun to write for once, not a painful, drawn out experience.

Slept in until midday today as well, which is another first. Blew out the orienteering bike ride at Carnyorth 10am, so cycled over to Newlyn as soon as I'd finished typing. So nice to get some fresh air/see the sea. Called in at Wendy's new place – amazing. So posh, so clean, spacious, dry, tastefully decorated, and views to die for. Especially nice at this time of year, cos all the Christmas lights in the harbour are on. Giving me a serious case of house envy that's for sure. Met her new beau briefly, the boy from the Internet. Staying with Wendy for a few days. They're off to a house party out at Nancledra later.

Eddie back home when I returned, dressing up in his Chinaman's outfit, before going out for a meal with his old school mates, and then seeing in the new year in town. Rosie covered in a weird rash, that looks like measles, but isn't. Not sure what it is, but probably a reaction to the viral fluey thing she's just had. Hopefully not contagious.

Time for me to hit the shower, reheat the left-overs, slap on some make-up, and go out to par-tay! Have been invited to five different ones so far, so feeling very be-friended. Shame I won't be able to see everyone – especially Graham (sob, sob) but I intend to have a brilliant night anyway. Provided I can negotiate my way around on wobbly hi-heels, in a glasses-less haze that is! * HNY blog *



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home