Under duress

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ta da!

Well I did it, and I said I would. It's been a long, hard slog, but I've finished the 12 page saga for Derrek. (It's actually 12 and a half pages, but there are lots of asterisks spreading it out, and I very cleverly tried to use as much dialogue as possible, for the same reason). If my calculations are correct – including time out for lunch, dinner, watching half of Sense and Sensibility with Rosie, and a therapeutic swim, that took me... eleven hours. Talk about a pathetic work rate?! But who cares, at least it's done. Not brilliantly, but it's done. Interesting that I managed to type it up directly onto the computer, without handwriting it first? A novel approach for me.

Anyway, it's New Year's eve tomorrow. Yay. Looking forward to it, should be fun.

Upset about Terry, blowing Rosie out this morning though. Really harsh on her, not being able to go up and see her own grandparents. Twat. Turns up half an hour late, and then takes it out on Rosie – tells her to 'fuck off' would you believe? Naturally she did. She doesn't take shit from anyone. Offered to drive her up to Holywell Bay, but she decided not to in the end. Went back to bed, instead. Bought a mask for the ball, and hung out with her friends later. Treated us both to a Thai takeaway for dinner – she certainly deserved it. Such a lovely girl/young woman, and has to put up with such a crap dad. And a crap mum, but I do try.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home