Under duress

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Just a quickie

Bit like how I started my day really. Not that I'm bragging or anything – my sex life has very little to be desired (pun intended) – but a shag first thing, has to be a bonus.

But that was hours and hours ago, and I'm about to slip into a very cold, lonely bed. Am aching all over from being hunched over the keyboard – ergonomic, my chair is not. My neck's been killing me all day, and now my back's beginning to protest too. Can't be good for you this study: fresh air deficiency, immobility, and social isolation. Really wouldn't recommend it. Think I'm going to have to skive tomorrow (for at least part of the day anyway), and get some bleedin' exercise, in good company – take up Wendy's invitation to go on a long walk, followed by food at her new luxury penthouse pad.

I did stay in, virtually all day, escaping only for an hour to join in with the mulled-wine celebrations on board the Jasmine; the finally refurbished new home to some friends of ours. Incredibly over-run with babies and small children, which always feels slightly weird. Was over-joyed though, to find out from another mutual friend, that she's pregnant again. Having experienced the trauma of a still-birth only seven months ago, this is absolutely fantastic news. Fingers crossed.

The kids were great at amusing themselves more or less today – Billy at gym this morning, then went to the cinema with some mates, before going to their house, where I picked him up at 6pm, to go to Nippers (swimming up at the leisure centre). Lucy, had a less energetic start, but did go off to a birthday party, coming back here with one of her mates, before accompanying me and Rosie to the boat, and then going swimming later as well. Thank god for leftovers – really wasn't in the mood to cook.

Had a cuppa and catch up with Helen, as her boys were doing the swimming thing too, but for the rest of the evening it's been nothing but Critical Rationales. It is with great relief that I can report having completed the one for PWR2, Bill's stuff. Only PWR3 to go now. That, and all the final tweaking, proofing and self-evaluating for all three units. No idea which pieces to select for the the third unit. Terrifying really. I suppose I'll just have to choose things that demonstrate the wide variety of my writing expertise. Yeah, right.

Well it's gone 3am, and I was up even later last night. Plus my throat is suspiciously hinting at me that it's about to narky; is dry, sore, and kind of lumpy. Didn't write this anywhere near quick enough, so that's that for me tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home