Under duress

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Missed again, again

Am totally confused now. Because I didn't blog on Friday, started re-counting that day's exciting events in the previous post, but neglected to mention anything about the current day? Not that there's all that much to tell.

Spent most of the day cleaning – mess getting me down, desperately needed to dust and hoover everywhere. But pissed off as the day outside was such a glorious one. Dragged Billy and his mate up to Graham's to go for a moorland walk, but ended up doing some major furniture re-shuffling, and cleaning(!) at his place first. By the time we did get to go for a walk it had to be brief as I needed to take the friend home by 4.30pm.

Very studiously got stuck into Derrek's assignment before re-heating left-overs for tea. At last minute, had to rush out and fetch Lucy (who I thought was sleeping over at her mate's, but now wasn't – the girls had organised it without asking the brassed-off mother's permission first). So ended up with another sleep-over refusenik at our house instead. Meant that I was now stupidly late for work at the Acorn. Very stressy.

Was a fantastic evening of circus and cabaret which, unfortunately, I barely got to see any of. We were absolutely hammered all night at the bar, and by 1am I was dead on my feet and had to beg home. The set was stunning, such a shame they were only on for one night after all that effort, and they had sold out with many disappointed punters. Including Graham who was meant to be coming and staying at my place again. Not that I would've been much chop afterwards. Utterly exhausted.

Dragged myself out of bed at 8.30am to run Eddie over to Hayle for his lifeguard exam – thank fuck I don't have to take him for training sessions there ever again because he passed. Dropped in to the car boot for the first time in ages, vaguely thinking about Xmas presents, but also those elusive trousers. Did buy a couple of pairs which I have yet to try on, so don't know if they're any good yet. Home in time for Lucy's pancakes, and to harangue Billy into doing his stint of dishes.

A brief spell before heading back over to Hayle with little kids. Had planned to go for a surf, was psyching myself up to brace the briny cold. But the wind was onshore, and the waves whitewater mush, so went for a blustery beach walk instead – real Winnie the Pooh weather.

Visited the co-op to get some cash out, but of course ended up shopping. So fed up of constantly buying food. Collected Billy and Lucy, but then had to wait over an hour and a half for Eddie to finish up, to the point that we were freezing, and it was too dark to read Hero with a Thousand Faces any more.

Home. Dinner. Major row between Rosie and Eddie which inevitably involved me having to step in and referee. Me demonstrating how not to resolve conflict by screaming at the pair of them. Eddie storming off out in a huff. Rosie, no doubt, resenting me forever more. Eddie since come in and apologised – to both me and Rosie. Rosie, as yet, not ventured to say anything to me. Kids all downstairs watching the third film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which is where I think I'll be taking myself now. Cuddle up with my kids, and mong out til bedtime. Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home