Under duress

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Addicted to blog

Utter madness. 1am already and instead of sensibly going to bed, I feel compelled to spew forth this daily tripe. Why? Surely it doesn't hurt to miss the odd day here and there? But no – I know how it feels to go without. I need my fix, my dose of blog therapy. Without it, I am nothing/nobody. This public domain legitimates my experiences – makes them purposeful, even if what I'm writing is complete bollocks. I guess it has meaning to me and I am my audience – my only audience.

Enough of the philosophy already. Just get on with the 'then I did this... then I did that' content.

Well, today yet another busy day. Intense compiling and re-writing of our radio script which is now ready to record tomorrow. Yeeha! Incredibly hard work, but well worth it – really glad I had this opportunity to have a hands-on go at writing for radio. Not the same just attending lectures or seminars – you really have to do it. Love working collaboratively too. So much better than trying to go solo – I wouldn't have the confidence to tackle something like that on my own.

Relief to finish up for the day though and head for home. Felt so late, but only coming up for 5.30pm when we were leaving. Another lightening turn-around once home. Left-overs for dinner – again. Then off to the Acorn; Eddie officially working, me supervising, and Billy came along to see the show. (Better than hanging round the house watching tele on his own). Was quite nice for me to sit and chill up on the balcony with him – mother/son bonding time. Should really encourage Billy to get involved with the Cirque de Ciel lot – he'd love all the diabolo and poi swinging, and stilt walking. Add it to the list (the very long one) of things I need to do.

Vascillated as to whether I should trek out to band practice or not given that it was already late, and I was extremely tired. Of course I went (it's all that guilt trip stuff again isn't it) and fortunately it was a cracker of a rehearsal – well worth making the effort. Really enjoyable, good fun and relatively productive. Resisted the temptation to stay the night, or at the very least, shag. Don't know what's coming over me. There was a time when you couldn't have dragged me away from a willing groin – never a good enough reason not to. And now..? Must be getting old. Boring. (sigh)

Regretting being sensible now, but too late. Best just crawl into bed and wank. A poor substitute for intimacy I know. Oh well, at least it should ease me into the land of dreams.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home