Under duress

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mary, Mary

Task of the day was to produce a monologue for a character called Mary for this radio play we're devising at college. Only 680 words but it took forever! Well, several hours anyway. Given that it's 3am already I will be brief. Wasn't sure I'd be up for the challenge, but actually I quite like what I've written. Feel as if I really know this Mary. Probably because I went off on one earlier today, producing an overly-long back-story which hasn't been needed but does provide real insight. Good technique to remember for the future.

Chaotic evening when I got back. Could do with a chef (and a cleaner, and someone to deal with all the laundry – spent an hour before going in this morning trying to catch up on domestic chores). Taxi on demand.

Felt like I was driving in circles – I was: Penzance to Heamoor then to Newlyn. Back to Penzance, back to Newlyn then Penzance. Up to Heamoor, down to Penzance then over to Hayle, and finally, home to Penzance. Madness. Me who hates driving, avoids it as much as possible, rides a bike. Couldn't even listen to an audio book cos I had to shove them through the returns slot late last night, hoping to get out of an overdue fine.

Book club was well worth going to. Didn't have a book as such, but talked about blogs. Good material for my reading blog...if/when I get round to starting it. Another manic day and I've got 31/2hrs sleep ahead of me if I'm lucky. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home