Under duress

Thursday, November 09, 2006

All that Jazz

Have finished listening to first audio book – yay! Now on to some weird one (the name escapes me) written and recorded by the guy who wrote The League of Gentlemen. Discussed Wuthering Heights in class today so am in two minds whether to slog it out to the bitter end, or start something new. Decisions, decisions. What I really want to do is go to bed. Just go to bed and do nothing. Or go to bed and drink tea. Or, even more radical, go to bed and sleep. Sleep, perchance to dream.

Has been a long, slog of a day, not helped by having everything around me falling apart. Loading bags and boxes of shopping into the boot of your car, when the supporting strut is so rusty it's snapped off, and you have to let it lean on your head to keep it open, is not fun. The printer's dead, washing machine leaks, fridge/freezer's on permanent hyper-drive, cassette player on sound system won't work, my digital camera's had to be sent off for repairs, my shoes have had it, and the car will have to be scrapped in less than five weeks.

Wonderful. The house is a tip with no time to clean it – was scrubbing the toilet whilst brushing my teeth last night. Dinner's are a disaster, I'm beginning to forget what my kids look like (& vice versa), and missing me fella too. Bed. Big and lonely, and full of crumbs not of my making, but that's where I need to be right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home