Under duress

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hippety hop (not)

What a contrast. Last night the Acorn was heaving – full to capacity and a really good crowd. Felt like the good old days. Gig wasn't that brilliant but everyone seemed to be enjoying it. Bizarre really, especially as we've got loads of young fans, 15, 16 yr olds. A lot of them Rosie's mates. She spent 20mins chastising me for wearing too short a skirt. Now I'm forty, apparently it shouldn't be allowed. Pointing out that Madonna is way older than me, and wears far more outrageous outfits, didn't stop her from berating me – for being a whore as she put it, and for borrowing all her stuff. Talk about turned tables; it should be me giving her a hard time.

Anyway I was glad I went for the mini-skirt option. Lots of nice comments about how sexy I was looking which is always good for the ego, and for the confidence. Eddie's first stint behind the bar was a baptism of fire – ultra busy and a thirsty crowd, so not an easy time of it. Took it in his stride though, totally. Emma said he was a natural ( must be in the blood), and when I asked Eddie if he was ok, he just laughed and said it was a piece of piss compared to daffodils. Very true, but I was very proud of him none-the-less – telling everyone 'this is my son' the whole night.

Sleepless night, what with rampant shagging, and then Rosie staggering in from club 2K at 4am, and crash-banging about for far too long. Mojo, the fleabag wonder dog, also kept me awake with her scratching, and her delightful, hacking cough ending in a dry wretch.

Billy up relatively early to take himself off to gymnastics (bless), is finally becoming more independent, followed by Lucy who twisted Graham's arm to watch cartoons. I hate cartoons, hate kid's TV in general, but especially cartoons. Except for the Simpsons that is – the exception to my 'all animations are pants' rule.

Aborted attempt to have a girlie surf – rubbish, messy waves – so went for micro walk up Chapel Carn Brea. Wild and woolly, and had to negotiate piles of dog shit at the start of the path. Could hear the baying of hounds, and horns from what sounded like a hunt not that far off in the distance.

Having made cooked breakfast, and pancakes in the morning, I got even more domestic Goddess-like when we got home. Concocted a strange banana flap-jack dish. Washed a mountain of dishes, then helped Lucy get things packed for her lift to Bristol – another gym comp. tomorrow. Finally, finally got round to doing some writing. Even typed it up, so that's Derrek's h/work out of the way.

Then off to the Acorn for a lame night of hip hop. Actually the music and the performers weren't bad (some of them were bloody brilliant) but the audience were so few – seriously lacking in number – so it just didn't have any atmosphere. Plans to stay up and do some more work, chucked. It's 2am already, and I can't keep my eyes open another minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home