Under duress

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-day

Surprise, surprise. Not a single Valentine in sight! And there I was looking spectacularly red and gorgeous and everything? But I'm not about to waffle on. It's just gone 5am – have typed up handout notes for my presentation thingy tomorrow morning, and now I'm going to try and grab a couple of hours sleep. Weird sitting here the semi-dark, listening to the duet of snores on either side, and the occasional outburst of Eddie shouting in his sleep (gibberish in an Australian accent – punctuated by 'mate' at the end of each sentence). Ancient sash windows rattling in even the slightest whiff of a breeze. Hilary's in my bed, and I daren't disturb her, so looks like it's top 'n tail for me with Billy. At least I'm not having to slip into cold sheets, all alone. And I am loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home