Under duress

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Club Tropicana

Flagging, in all kinds of ways. Meant to be getting ready for friends' engagement party (tropical theme) but struggling to get self into gear. Lunchtime drinking probably didn't help. Very fuzzy headed ever since, but great to see Tim (although sad to think we won't be seeing his smiley face for a long time now – back to Oz, for good, in 2 wks time). He hasn't changed at all, lovely as ever, and I can only wish him and the lovely Vivi, all the best in their new adventure. Can't see us popping over to Melbourne, so that's that I guess. Will hopefully be going for a walk or something tomorrow though, so a final chance to say goodbye.

Have done no study at all today, but Hilary's down, and as she stayed at ours last night, I had to be the gracious hostess. Not that I mind, mind – lovely to see her again too. She and Heidi came in to keep me company at the Acorn last night, after which, we all headed to the Studio bar. Hilary'd been a tad insensitive the previous night re the whole Graham saga, so I appreciated her apologising/ acknowledging that she'd been out of line. Later we shared a bed together which was nice – I was worried at first that my snoring would be a problem, but we both slept pretty soundly, and it was a rare opportunity to have someone snuggle up to me in my bed. Could be the last time for a long time!

I'm cold, and yawning my head off. Can't believe I have to summon up the energy to go party. Would much rather just crawl into bed at this stage, maybe watch a movie. But I guess it's now or never. Need to fossick around in the attic for some flip-flops, work out if I can get away with a bikini top or not, try out Rosie's fake tan, put the new contact lenses in, pack a sleeping bag and a bottle of water fro the night, and fingers crossed, I wont be freaked out by Graham being there (which he probably will be). The kids' are still mad at me for returning the frying pan and the chopping board – they just don't get it, don't understand how upsetting it is to be reminded of him because of these specific things. Have some videos of his as well that I need to give back, and the lantern, if his van's not locked.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home