Under duress

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh so weary

What a naff way to spend a Saturday night? Forcing words out to produce some writing. Writing on Not Writing funnily enough, but I ain't laughing now cos I'm cold, hungry, and very, very tired.

As the earlier part of my exciting evening consisted of dressing up as a pirate (that's twice in the last month – bit of a trend there), to participate in the surf club's entry into the Hayle Illuminated Carnival, an activity which involved standing around freezing my pirate tits off in gale force winds, prior to walking up, and back down, an interminably long high street, I am not feeling particularly jolly – Roger? Wow, that sentence could just about rival one of Catherine Cookson's very own: 72 words in total!

Well I hope sacrificing any chance of having a fun night out has earned me some suitably good mother points, and enabled me to tick another item from an exhausting list of 'pieces of writing to do', off. Can't wait until I'm free again, free of the tyranny of study and deadlines.

Not even a third of the way through (sigh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home