Under duress

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Clocks forward, not back - doh!

Bad start to the day having Lucy's lift to the gymnastics comp. knock on the door (having already knocked on several doors on our street trying to find us) at 9.15am – but which I mistakenly thought was 7.15am because I'd set the clock wrong! Frantic rush to get Lucy and her kit together (and here I was, smugly thinking we were gaining an extra hour in bed when it was actually the opposite).

Good job I didn't make it to the party last night – imagine I would've been in a right state this morning otherwise. Mind you, my efforts at the computer today have been total pants – might just as well have gone for a blowout and then spent the time today napping.

Did go back to bed first thing to read for an hour – really getting into my book, and was reluctant to put it down, but seeing as it was by now 11am, thought it prudent to put in some study hours. That was my rationale for not taking Lucy to the comp myself, so that I could use these precious hours productively. No chance. It just wasn't happening.

Grumpily badgered an even grumpier and reluctant Billy into going to Juniors. Took the laptop lent from Uni to try and get on with stuff whilst sat in the car, but of course, the battery was flat. Was gagging to just give up and go for a blustery walk, but no, my stubbornness dictated that I must stay and write – had brought pen and paper as a contingency plan, and so had no excuse not to. But still the words refused to flow. At the point where I simply had to abandon it, Billy came back – a short session as hardly anybody was there apparently. So, basically, a complete waste of an afternoon.

Still pissed off when we got back home, so, dragging a reluctant Billy off again, I insisted we go for a bike ride. Cycled to Tremenehere to see the remains of the sculpture burning/bonfire that we'd missed yesterday because I'd got the date wrong in my diary (another doh!). Felt calming to be walking around the gardens and through the woods though, so glad we went (not sure Billy would say the same).

My mood, which had lifted, plummeted back down to miserable as soon as we got in – could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I was trying to cook dinner. Fed up of being sad. Wish I wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home