Under duress

Friday, March 16, 2007

That friday feeling?

Feeling tired. Feeling achy. Feeling subdued. Feel slightly nervous, slightly sick and somewhat subdued...looks like I'm in for a cracking good night then!

If I had any sense I'd be tucked up in bed with me book, a nice warm cup of cocoa, lights out at ten. But no, I'm off to Gwinear Village Hall to see the 3 Daft Monkeys. Any other time I'd be well up for it – in fact I've been trying to get to see them again for ages, but I'm just completely zonked.

Just as well it was the last day in at Falmouth today – a whole 4 weeks off (well not really off, but if nothing else, the extra hour in bed each morning will be heavenly). Today was more of a social than anything else; not really worth the trek, but I guess that in itself was a good enough reason to go there. Several bods worse for wear after an end-of-term jolly on the tiles last night. Shame not to be able to join in on these things from time to time. Oh well.

Looking forward to Heidi's boating birthday tomorrow – kayaking across the river to spend the night (a chilly one by all accounts) in the little cottage. Kids are coming with me which is nice in a way – will be good to spend some time together, even if it is in an adult group situation. As long as they're on their best behaviour that is of course. And everyone else doesn't mind them being around. Nice opportunity to chill out – so needed, as I'm still on the verge of total mental melt-down.

Think I'll get Billy to take his fishing rod – the one Heidi bought for him for his birthday last year (she's just so generous). There I was, having the experience of a lifetime, trekking in the Himalayas, and missing my son's special day. And second mum Heidi was there to make a fuss of him, and spoil him rotten. Really should sort out another present tomorrow, as I don't think I've got Heidi that extra nice thing she deserves yet.

My lift'll be here any second now, and I can barely keep my eyes open. Really doesn't bode well.



2 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jacqui said...

Hope you ended up enjoying your night out. The 3daft monkey's are a great band. Reading your blog I really don't know how you manage to fit it all in, and write your blog as well.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Fi said...

Aha, the secret is... be stupid enough to stay up even later just to post blog entries. Mad. but thanks for popping by to say hello.

Yes I did end up enjoying the gig, and in case you're wondering - I have met the sound man before - several times. Slept with him before too. We've been loopy festival buddies on many an occasion - the band even played at my 37th birthday (wow, 4yrs ago now)- so I wasn't being all that outrageous by taking him home.

You should give me your blog address so that I can pop over to yours too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home