Under duress

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lashings of Ginger Beer

Preferably laced with brandy. What a wierdy kind of day. The morning evaporated, spent doing uninspiring things like laundry. Tried to make a start on ginger article, but didn't get very far. Fortunately Heidi rang to suggest a walk, and seeing as it was indeed a glorious day, could hardly refuse. Good excuse to drag Billy along to keep Harry company – really hate leaving him at home alone – especially when it's so warm and sunny. Lucy'd already made arrangements to meet up with her mates in town, so she managed to wrangle her way out of it.

Went for a bit of a trek along the beach from Perranuthanoe to Marazion – barely aware of immediate surroundings though, as too busy gassing – mostly wasting even more of my breath on Graham. Even I'm getting bored of it now, so hopefully I'll be able to change the topic of conversation soon enough. Good to find out how Heidi is, and what she's been up to – impossible to keep in regular contact now, so these sporadic catch-ups are vital. Heidi's birthday next week, so I'm going to have to think of a special present for my wonderful friend. She's even agreed to be executor and guarantor for my will, which is an amazing thing indeed. She's a beauty – I so hope that her Ed won't let her down.

Spent the late afternoon and evening at Livvy's 1940's party, with the little kids and one extra in tow. Fab concept I thought – at the St Just W.I. Cake at 4pm: cocktails at 6pm: film at 7pm: and dancing at nine. Ended up eating far too much cake, and far too few cocktails (driving). The film didn't do it for the kids so we were home well before nine. Shame, but my fault really. Insisted that they come with me, so only myself to blame. As I suspected, some amazing costumes whipped up for the occasion – plenty of land girls in evidence, as well as some elegant gents and ladies. Did get kind of wearisome having to explain to people that I'd been freshly dumped by Gra – hence his absence – and still feeling somewhat raw now as a result. I guess it'll hurt less soon enough, although still tempted to dig up the tulips in the garden – both as a statement, and as a way of releasing this pent up anger I'm experiencing. Pathetic I know, but hey. Can't be reasonable and rational all the time!

Watched a long and rather dull film with the kids, Gosford Park, as a kind of bonding thing, when I really should've been cracking on with some study, so another late night at the computer tomorrow for me then. Should really be attempting to try and ring my mum about now, but my excuse is, she's probably at church - must be nearly 9am in Oz now. Too tired and too emotional to talk at the moment anyway. Eddie's got some mates down from Porthtowan who're staying the night, so I'll be woken up shortly after 3am when they all stagger in. Rosie's off partying too, probably at 2K same as the lads, but not sure if she's planning on coming home or not.

But it means that Billy's in my bed for the night to clear up some bed space for our guests. Best hit the hay now while I can, as still stupidly tired. Might attempt to make a start on Into Thin Air seeing as it's my book club choice. Looking forward to having an excuse to actually watch the DVD of our trek (not sure what the others will make of it though)!

Positive affirmation time: Fi, you're a strong woman who can scale mountains – achieve dreams.



1 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger miss-cellany said...

'Into Thin Air' is pretty good - not the kind of book that you go 'wow you must read it' to friends, but a good read.

And, yes you are a very beautiful, strong woman - sod the mountains, you could climb to space given what you juggle on a normal day. Though I've never met him, Graham pushes my buttons as he sounds too much 'out of the mould' kind of flacid, Glastonbury (town) type man. Been stampled on too many of them in a 'don't give me a hard time - it just happened' type scenario.

Wish I were closer - would suggest a jug of Vodka lime soda, and singing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home