Under duress

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Snotty


Too ill to blog, so why am I here? Woke up this morning with a thumping hot head, and a streaming nose. Had to lean over to pull yesterday's knickers out of the crotch of my jeans, for something to blow my nose on, as felt too weak to run upstairs to fetch some bog roll. Now how pikey is that? I bet wifeupnorth and suburbanmum don't have things like that on their blogs.

Struggled at college all day – really suffering – but had some great feedback from Susannah about my h/work from last week, as well as loads of encouragement about the whole Under Duress idea. Zombied out in the afternoon, spending an hour texting messages to friends to come along to the gig tomorrow night. Magnanimously invited Beth along too so that she wouldn't feel snubbed or awkward or anything, as I knew that she'd have heard about it through Gra, but then he – the cheek of it – had the audacity to send me a text to thank me for asking her, saying 'ur a star Fi'. Like Fuck off?! Didn't do it for his sake. She does happen to be my friend too actually – and I did meet her first, and we work together! Twat. What planet is that man on? But no way am I going to do the gooseberry thing, and hang out with the pair of them. Uggh. Even I have some semblance of pride.

Went to the library to research the British Legion (dullsville) and the Falmouth Packet newspaper as a potential publication. Too befuddled to do anything really, just killing time until the guest speaker slot. A guy called Kingsley Marshall, who was brilliant. Gave us loads of info on reviewing, and features as well. Managed to wrangle a DVD to watch and review for next week's h/work – well chuffed, as can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched a film? Or telly even for that matter! Might have been The House of Flying Daggers when I was puking my guts up all day on New Year's Day, so missed some of it in places.

Late back home though, twenty past seven when I walked in the door, and I was meant to be at the Acorn for 7.30pm. The kids had come back from Terry's mum and dad's about three hours earlier, so felt crap that I hadn't been home, and couldn't spend more than two minutes with them. To make things worse, I'm at college all day again tomorrow so they're going to be left home alone, having to sort out their own entertainment, and then, of course, I'm off playing pop star/ska queen all night. Pretty shitty really. Not quite sure when the hell we can schedule in some QFT (quality family time) Saturday day time maybe? Wonder if they'll ever forgive me for doing this to them?

Anyway, I feel like dessicated coconut right now, dehydrating at a faster rate even than the liquid torrent pouring from my nostrils. So much for my early night – Coral and Eddie (bless) did let me leave work early so that I could get to bed as all sick people should, but still had to sort out the kitchen and put a load of laundry on. And then, fool that I am, I had to write my blog??? It'll be the death of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home