Under duress

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

On the road again

Yay, glad to be mobile again – Renault passed (just) it's MOT so I now have wheels again. Mission on this morning to cycle out to Gra's – can tell I'm unfit as nearly had a heart attack going up the big hill. Fortunately, the arctic winds of late had dissipated, which made the non-uphill parts of the ride very pleasant indeed. The stretch of road past Newmill is particularly lush and spring-like.

Graham not around so relatively painless to collect car (other than struggling/wrestling with my bike to get it in the back of the car). Managed to trap myself inside again, thinking that I could get out through the rear passenger doors, but nope. They don't open. So not only does this car leak, but you have to scramble over the front seats to get into the back. Great. That's really practical with a family! Doesn't sound too safe either if an emergency exit required. Will have to badger G to sort it earn his bloody money.

Nerve wracking wait while the re-test was done. Went for a walk to kill time and discovered a beautiful wooded area with a stream running through it. Love discovering new places. Might have to insist that the kids join me for a bike ride to Newlyn for a picnic in the woods during the easter hols – nice family outing. Loads of really good rope swings up (had to test them out didn't I) – clearly no Nanny health&safety people been round to cut them all down, which seems to be what happens everywhere else there's ever any rope swings about.

Such a relief to get the green pass sheet. Phew. Went and got it taxed straight away (and a good job too)! Got pulled by the police coming home from band practice tonight for driving with my fog lights on – unbeknownst to me. They'd run the car rego through their system which came up with it not being road legal. Fortunately, I had done the right thing in terms of taxing it, and could point to the date stamp on the disc to prove my claim that, 'Honest officer, it really did pass today.'

A close call. But even when I'm completely innocent; all legal and above board, I still feel nervous and guilty whenever I have to deal with the police for some reason. Daft really.

Rehearsal itself quiet – just four of us as Chloe was leaving as I arrived. Got into playing the violin which is always nice. Need to sort out my instruments though – new strings and a new bow for the fiddle, and the melodica needs taking apart and cleaning as some of the notes have gone whappy/ out of tune. Was hoping to be able to stay behind and have a 'chat' with Gra, but Nick was down for a visit from Bristol, and it didn't look as if anyone was in a hurry to leave. Not sure what exactly I would've chatted about, but it's so weird having to see him all the time when we haven't talked at all about 'it'. I kind of want some answers. An apology would be good – but I don't think he's ever said sorry to me before, so I doubt he would now.

Gritty eyes – must be time for bed. Need to get stuck into some college work tomorrow as achieved fuck all today. An email from fellow student Amanda was reassuring in the sense that she's struggling too – not that I want her to be having a bad time, just nice to know, I'm not the only one.

Solidarity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home