Under duress

Thursday, December 07, 2006

End point

Feel as if I've ground to a halt; so relieved our contact time has ceased until the new year. Not sure I could've struggled on much longer – total mental and physical energy drain. Am plum tuckered out.

Didn't make it to band practice lat night, but did end up soaking in the bath with one of Rosie's tacky girlie magazines – a much needed bit of down time. With no time to breathe, let alone relax right now, I suspect that if I didn't slack off/take time out, I'd spontaneously combust. Blow up. And it would all end in tears.

Lovely evening with the group, celebrating the end of term together. Posh, overpriced food, but it was great to get the chance to chat socially for a change. Find out histories, and personal stories. Should be more of it I say. Would be so magical to be free of responsibilities, attachments and commitments – just live the life of a no-strings, no-worries student. Dream on I say.

Came home to delightful, chirpy children: Eddie with his latest cast, Rosie fresh from a productive day at college, Lucy, recently bathed, all sweet-smelling and shiny, and Billy about to go in, covered in rugby mud.

Nice to have a bit of a natter, and I did help Lucy with her Bronte family homework (no escaping Wuthering heights et al.). But now, having laboriously gotten some tea down me, I need to get to bed. Close my eyes – sink back into prescient nothingness. Must be getting late, or I'm tired, or both 'cos I'm talking absolute bollocks. Crap. Shouldn't be allowed. G'nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home