Under duress

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And these the brakes

Great, it's 2am, and we have a 3hr editing exam tomorrow for which I have done no prep yet whatsoever. So exhausted I want to cry. Doesn't bode well for my performance – crash and burn, could be nasty.

Have just returned from a long, cold, frustrating and disheartening evening trying to help sort out my blue car, ready for its MOT in the morning. The test run across the moors resulted in a smoky return to the workshop – the new brake shoes seized on, and the smell of something hideous burning. Took ages to pull them apart, and put them back together again, several times over, before the problem was solved (well, hopefully is solved).

No way it's going to pass though – just hoping it wont be a total right-off/cost a bomb. Least not for Graham's sake who has spent hours and hours on it on my behalf. Said I'd pay him in sex, but as he gets it for free now anyway, not exactly what you'd call a bargain. Could rant and rave about the whole car saga for ages, but shan't, as feeling shit. Been a pretty shit day all round, apart from the fact that I did my CV thingy today (with much needed help from the tutor) so one less assessment piece to worry about.. Still have to tackle the dreaded website though.

I stink of oil, dirt, diesel and grime. Shower still not fixed and I so hate baths. Going to have to scrub up, and collapse into bed. Forgot to buy teabags - again. Only two more days at college. Hallelujah – I sure do need a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home