Under duress

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Toy.

Bought myself a cd walkman. Went to Argos, but the one I chose out of the catalogue was only available in Cambourne. Not that keen, and too tight to upgrade to more expensive model, so tried Dixons (sorry, Currys). Walkman's? Old school – all MP3 players and Ipods now. Similar story in Woolworths who had two models of cd walkmans, both out of stock. Back to Argus. Splashed out £12.99 on my new toy. Was great listening to Toni Morrison's Jazz driving over to Hayle tonight. Felt a bit rude ignoring Eddie on the trip back, especially as he wanted to tell me all about his encounter with a massive, grumpy seal in the sea earlier. Would be such a boon to listen to audio books during travel time to college, but not sure what Sarah would say?

A productive day in college I thought. Encouraging to receive a good mark for last week's essay, and positive feedback after reading this week's effort. Tackling 'Cannibalism is a good thing' next. Introduction to design in IT which isn't something I'm comfortable with. Doesn't interest me at all – I don't have an aesthetic eye. Do appreciate how important it is though, particularly with visual print media. Designing a web-site for this course, scary territory. Anything to do with computers, the net, out of my league. I'm such a pen and paper girl.

The 'spare' hours I had hoped to devote to carrying on with writing/assignments evaporated as soon as I walked through the front door. As always. Did manage to finish writing up notes properly from Brian Purman talk last Thursday, and the interview with Jane yesterday. Should be attempting the real mcoy article, but prevaricating on that one. Tomorrow.

Found out that first installment of tuition fees well and truly overdue now. Have to hand over a cheque for £1560 as soon as. Will go into finance office tomorrow – get it over with. Then go to bank in afternoon to transfer funds. Also, put in application for Career Development loan to pay for 2nd installment due January 8th. Read through guff about Student Fund assistance. Will try and see if I can get some help with books and travel as money really is going to be tight. Especially in December when my car dies a death and I have to replace it, Eddie starts having regular driving lessons and takes his test – not to mention Christmas. Need to plow my way through all those grant/funding sources I printed out the other week. So much to do. So many things to think about!

Lucy has a friend sleeping over tonight, Billy's elsewhere so he's 'covered' tomorrow when I'm at college. Musical beds means Rosie's in here whinging at me for tip-tap typing noisily and having to put up with big brother's snores. So that's it for today folks.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home