Under duress

Monday, May 14, 2007

Precarious Lives.

Heard some bad news relating to a friend today, who's had more than her fair share of tragedy already. Three years ago her husband had a heart attack in the kitchen at 8 o'clock on a Monday morning when the kids were all getting ready for school. They couldn't resuscitate him, and so he left behind a grieving wife and three boys – the youngest only a few months old at the time.

This afternoon we heard that her brother's wife had died unexpectedly in bed during the night. Only 38, she too leaves behind a grieving family. Ravena's since dashed off to Wales to support her brother and his children, whilst hers are in the care of friends here.

What must be going through their minds I wonder? How they must worry when their mum's away... just in case. And all the memories and emotions that will be stirred up by this new shock and sadness. Not to mention the immediate nightmare for this poor man and the kids who are dealing with their loss right now. How sweet life is, and how we take it so much for granted. I don't know how I would even begin to cope if one of mine were to die – can't face even thinking about it. And what would they do without me? Who would be there for them?

So sad, death. Not looking forward to the inevitable. I'm hoping for a long and healthy life for all of us, but in the natural order of things, I hope it's me that goes first.

Thinking of you Ravena.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Taiga the Fox said...

Oh, so sad :( And you're so true about us taking it all so granted. Some time ago I heard my ex-best friend's small daughter is terminally ill. I seriously wouldn't know how to face a thing like that. I don't even really know what to say to her...

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Jacqui said...

When people die like that it often makes you put things into perspective, and realise life is a gift we should make the most of every moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home