Under duress

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More tea vicar?

Escaped from the computer's clutches lunchtime-ish – partly to take a much needed break from feature article tweaking and word counts; partly because of Eddie hassling me to let him get some work done; partly to run around town on various errands. Successful interlude, and great to be sucking in some fresh air into these atrophying lungs. Jobs done as follows:

  • posted Eddie's surf comp entry for English Nationals being held this weekend

  • paid (overdue) water rates

  • banked housing benefit cheque

  • bought some more pillar box red hair colour

  • bought new home phone from Argos (£2.97 – bargain) as current one packed in last week

  • dithered in Claire's accessories looking at potential girly presents

  • found wicked chintzy tea set in charity shop for Rosie's birthday tea party on Saturday.
    Think it's hilarious that when she leaves home in a year or so's time, the only household items she'll have to take with her will probably be these totally impractical, delicate bone china cups, saucers, cake plates, milk jug and sugar bowl. (£6.25 – priceless).

  • nearly bought her a copy of Sarah Walters' Night Watch, but then decided against it

  • called in at the Acorn to sort shift swap and borrow teapots. Got the low down on the evil Beth – has been away in Morocco for ages, and apparently has some new guy on the scene. Ha ha Graham... loser(!)

  • shopped at Co-op for essentials, but also tea party cakes and frippery

  • grabbed a load of fruit and veg from... the fruit and veg shop

  • put an order in at the music shop for a new melodica to replace clapped out one


Enjoyed being out and about so much, I couldn't bear the thought of trotting upstairs to carry on with the college stuff, so... leapt back onto my trusty bike, and cycled over to Marazion instead. Head wind all the way – all the better for shouting into; the sea a deep steel blue, choppy and flecked with white. The train crossing barrier was down at Longrock, and I was surprised to find myself being over-the-top annoyed at having to wait – impatient after only a minute's delay. Think I need to take some downtime real soon as my stress levels are peaking.

Good excuse to go to band practice then tonight, even though I said I wouldn't – was meant to be slogging away with assignments still. Well bollocks to that. Good session, and things getting easier with regards to being up at Graham's – having to physically be in his space. And he still hasn't had a haircut, so continues to look like a complete twat.

Came home to Eddie complaining of foreign body in his eye – big chunk of sand he thinks, washed in when he was surfing Gwenver earlier. Nothing to see as it was lodged too far back, but tried my darndest to flush it out by pouring water in it. A mother's work is never done. At least someone else had done the dishes for a change (miracle) just left me with the laundry to fold up and put away.

It's 1.23am. Had a text msge from Sarah, my lift-share, that she'll pick me up at 8.30am tomorrow – a whole 15 mins later than usual, so looking forward to my lie-in (joke). Thing is, my body clock's all shot to pieces from having to sporadically work all through the night, so now, when I do get to bed... I can't sleep. Mind spinning, thoughts racing, brain gone into overdrive – it's so incredibly annoying. Too tired to read or anything, so just have to keep still and wait for it all to subside.

Noticed the beginnings of forehead wrinkles today – my skin must be as shattered as the rest of me I guess. Best shuffle off to get my beauty seep then I suppose.



1 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger miss-cellany said...

I do love reading your blog. You have fully inspired me to 'get on my bike'. Well to scour the paper and buy one...

Ah, that early morning body exhauseted , mind racing feeling - know it only too well!

Thankyou also for the lovely comments on the ind an blog. Means a lot as perspective seems hard to find at the mo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home