Under duress

Saturday, May 05, 2007

In the sing of it


Had a choir gig out at St Just Chapel tonight – a small but appreciative audience. Were diverted, due to an accident, on the drive out and passed through some new Penwith territory – hadn't been down those roads before. Really pretty and intriguing, so worth another look some time. Maybe by bike?

Yesterday I'd tried to get some laps in the pool in before work, but there was a swimming gala on, so not open to the public. Really wasn't keen on mooching back home, so decided to pedal off into the wild blue yonder. Thought I was going to be cycling into the sunset as I wended my way further and further away from Penzance.

My attempt at a shortcut ended up being a long one, but I eventually found my way back into familiar territory and even managed to get to work on time (well almost). Again, felt like I was somewhere totally different as couldn't see any recognisable landmarks, and each thing I came across was completely fresh and exciting. I'm so desperate to be out and about. These next three months writing up my dissertation are going to be a killer. Not sure I can sustain the level of self-discipline it's going to need to to get the bloody thing done. Perhaps I should be looking to apply for conservation jobs or something – anything that's based out in the country side. Or maybe I should become a farmer's wife?

Had an unexpected phone call earlier, from a Canadian friend who moved back to Vancouver 18months ago. She was trying to line me up with some mate of hers, Wes (icky name) match-making across the Atlantic. Was great to have a long chat and now she's trying to convince me to move over there, or at least come and visit. Would love to (visit that is) but a combination of not being able to afford loads of airfares, or to sort the little kids out with someone for 2 wks so that I could go by myself. I do have terribly itchy feet at the moment though – would love to go away. Anywhere!

Somewhere where you can go snorkeling in warm seas, and actually see some amazing marine life would be nice. Me and Lucy went snorkeling at Prussia Cove today, which was lovely in itself, but doesn't compare with the real thing. I saw one fish, from a distance, and the rest of the time it was just a bit of murky seaweed. And the water, freezing – couldn't even stay in all that long. Oh to be able to holiday frequently, and to exotic foreign parts. My wish list for places I'd love to go to is extremely long, and keeps being added to all the time. But for now, the only place I want to go to is bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home